Wall Mounted Speakers
Last Updated: 12th August 2019
Buying speakers for your computer is a relatively simple process, determine your budget, find speakers in that budget then narrow them down based on features and preference. In 2016, you would expect Googleing wall mounted speakers for your computer would give a nice up to date list of speakers systems for you to match against your budget and preference. That is not the case. The first thing on the search is a direct link to Ebays own sales in the “wall mounted speakers” section.
Fear not, we have a …..solution. Not only will this solution prove to be perfect, it allows you to use any speaker systems! First things first, follow our best speaker brand guide to find the brand for you. Next determine your budget and required features.
Now that we have gotten the list of potential speakers down to at least 3 or 4, we will be needing a more in depth look at the speakers themselves. You may need to mount them using Wall Mounting plate (£12.35) or Universal Speaker Brackets (£32.99) if you want to swivel them. They should both work right so go through your speakers and see if the cheaper options work for any of the speaker systems. Using amazon, the most cost effective wall mounting options look like Btech BT332 (£16.67) which screw to the wall and into the speaker system while providing 180 degrees of swivel action. This type of wall mount will require a speaker system that either has a hole to screw into or at the very least a speaker that is square and wooden. (Imagine wall mounting this with screws)
If you speaker is square but is made of plastic and you aren’t particularly interest in screwing holes into your speakers, Velcro to the rescue! I will assume you know what Velcro is and how to use it. You best course of action is to use quite a bit of Velcro as you don’t want it loosening over time then suddenly dropping off the wall.
Now, I know that speakers that aren’t designed to be wall mounted wont have long enough wires, that is why we will now look at extension wires. The ones linked are extremely long so you could probably measure the extra you need and go to a local store and pick some up for cheaper. If you want the extra wire and ease of purchase provided by amazon, go for that one.
So you have your speakers, they are mounted on the walls using extension wires, now what? Cable trunking! Cabling is always a problem so the trunking can be used not only on your PC speakers but on your other component cables. In my case, I bought the smallest ones for the PC speakers, then bought the thickest one and attached it to the back of my desk which custom drilled holes for cables to go into it and to my PC.
PC Speakers and their associated brackets:
SONOS PLAY:1 – £139.00
- Mini: Fits in any space, fills any room
- Rich sound despite its size
- Also works as a Sonos home cinema rear speaker
- Amazon alexa compatible device. This Sonos Play 1 does not have Bluetooth. (Amazon Echo Input currently not supported)
- Trueplay tuning: For the best sound possible, wherever you place your speaker
- Wall mountable with compatible third party accessories
- Comes with three years manufacturer free breakdown cover; terms and conditions apply
SONOS PLAY BRACKETS – £29.99
- INGENIOUS DESIGN: This design is simple yet cleverly thought out, the mounts are slim and almost invisible once the speaker is mounted to the wall. The speaker can be mount in either orientation with a wall clearance of 57mm. the mount provides a swivel of +42° to -42° (Left to Right) and a tilt of +3° up, -35° down
- DESIGNED IN ENGLAND: By SOUNDBASS, a team of mechanical & acoustic engineers to ensure you get the best possible audio performance from your new SONOS PLAY:1 Speakers
- PLEASE NOTE: Pack Of 2pcs (Twin Pack), Quick and easy to fit, and adjust, The Wall bracket comes with instructions plus all necessary mounting hardware including screws, lead anchors & screw caps to provide the perfect finishing touches. SONOS SPEAKERS NOT INCLUDED
60W Compact Wall Mounted Speakers+Brackets – £41.49
- Height 150mm, Width 105mm, Depth 105mm (Per Speaker)
- Construction – Housed in a rugged ABS plastic casing with a subtle, yet durable mesh grille, these speakers will look stylish & discrete in most environments.
- Fitting – There is an adjustable mounting bracket on the back of each speaker allowing you to securely position each speaker where it needs to be.
Sonos One (Gen 2)
- Start and control your music with your voice and Amazon Alexa is built right in
- Combine voice with the Sonos app to easily manage all your streaming services
- Connect wirelessly to other Sonos speakers to enjoy clear sound in any or every room
- Enjoy surprisingly rich sound from a compact speaker
- Second generation Sonos One with increased memory and updated processor
Sonos One Wall Mount – £29.99
- Base seamlessly fits the speaker, holding it securely wherever you want to wall mount it
- Can be inverted to securely hold the Sonos One or Sonos PLAY:1 upside down – so its gesture controls and microphone are easily accessible if mounting higher up the wall
- Has a unique tilting mechanism (down 15°) plus can swivel up to 80° (40° left, 40° right), so you can perfectly angle your Sonos One or Sonos PLAY:1
- Precision engineered, quick and easy to fit and adjust