Buying wireless headphones these days is like learning another language. There are so many wireless headphones from so many different manufacturers that in the end, they all do the same thing, just a little bit differently for a big premium! In the end though, this is competition which is very good for us, the consumer. It means we get the best prices those manufacturers are willing to drop their prices to in order to compete.
I will start off by going onto the lower end prices of the “high-end” wireless headphones and work my way up to the most costly.
Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
The Bose is a great set of headphones, but really should be called earphones because they go into your ears. If you are the type of person who also listens to podcasts in bed then these would be perfect as they wont get in the way and feel clunky on your head while its on the cushion.
They have a great battery which lasts up to 6 hours per charge. They also have quick charge so if you forgot to charge them, plugging them in for 15 minutes will get you 1 hours worth of listening time.
There is a little clip on the cable that connect the earphones which you can connect to your t-shirt or coat so that if they fall out of your ears during a run, they wont fall onto the floor.
The cable also has controls attached so you can change volume, skip tracks, take calls and initiate voice commands.
These earphones come in at £129.99 with prime from Amazon
Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones with Mic
Of all the headphones on this list, these are my favourite looking are my pick for value too.
- These headphones provide up to 24 hours continuous wireless streaming which is far more than anyone will need unless you are on a plane to Australia or do 24 hour streaming sessions on Twitch.
- If you take a lot of breaks and listen to music, this headset has automatic music play/pause when headphones are put on/removed (can be disabled)
- The headset has a DeepSleep mode which can put your headphones into hibernation, when away from device, extending battery life up to 6 months
- If you have a class 1 Bluetooth receiver, the range of the headset is up to a staggering 100 meters range from Class 1 Bluetooth device
- The headset On-demand Active Noise Cancelling (ANC)
- There are status alerts for things such as battery level etc
- You have the option to have the headset as wired or wireless.
The price is very reasonable at £150.77 from Amazon
Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones
This headphone undoubtedly is extremely comfy, just looking at it puts me into a state of comfort.
- Noise cancellation
- EQ based o nthe your volume for more balanced audio
- Wireless with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- 20 hours battery life when wireless and 40 hours in wired mode per charge
- Noise-cancelling with dual-microphone system, allowing for clearer calls especially in very windy weather
- The weight is only 235g which is insane considering the quality of the headset
The price comes in at £279 from Amazon which is on the expensive side considering its differences to the Plantronics which is basically looks and placement of controls which is all personal preference.
We are now moving into the next price bracket of headphones.
- Exceptional noise cancelling with reduced ambient noise for perfect silence
- Comfortable around ear fitting with 20 hour battery life
- Smart technologies – Ambient sound mode, Touch Sensor operation, Quick Attention mode
- First ever DSEE HX headphones upscaling your existing music to near High-Resolution Audio quality
- Carrying case included
Okay, some notable improvements over the lower bracket of pricing:
- Placing a hand on a headphone will reduce music so you can hear whats going on around you
- Noise cancelling has its own button and looks to be improved over the other cheaper headphones as it has a microphone inside the headset and outside so it can ensure no sound is getting in.
- The DSEE HX works by increasing depth of sound, clarity and vividness for all sounds played through the headset.
- Touch sensor operation for changing tracks and volume by swiping in the appropriate direction
Pricing as you can expect, is higher than the previous headset but has few added extras so you decide if the cost outweights the benefit. £329 at Amazon with prime
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear Wireless Headset
Now we are moving onto the elite of headphones. With great hardware, come a great cost.
Its main features consist of:
- Comes in on-ear and around ear configurations
- Very small package considering its wireless
- Very sturdy design considering size
- Has NFC connectivity
- Wired and Wireless mode
- 22 hours battery life
- Connect to 2 devices separately
What separates these headphones from the rest to me would be the minimalist design while retaining that battery life, the metal makes it look great and the buttons are in a convenient location.
The cost comes in at £379.95
In my opinion, any headset over the cost of the Plantronics headset is only for people looking for design over anything else. All thse headphones do 99% of the same stuff, with the main differences being how they do it. The other 1% is looks. If you want to spend an extra just for design then go ahead, that’s your choice. Either way, these headphones listed are the best ones in their price range.
Let me know your opinions and what you bought in the comments below.