Final Fantasy XV
Are you a new or returning player to the Final Fantasy universe? Then worry not. We can help get you started on your brand new or continuing journey!
First things first, no matter which type of player you are, to get a bit of background it is worth watching the new Final Fantasy KingsGlaive film which helps to get you acquainted with some of the other characters in the game that are occasionally referenced.
Don’t get me wrong, you don’t have to watch the movie or the anime episodes(free on YouTube), they are just there as a sort of prequel (GingsGlaive happens between the first couple of missions in the game.)
Right now, the game is available to buy for Xbox One and PS4 and there is a possibility for it to be released on PC.
The game offers a bunch of new features that weren’t available on the other games:
- You now own a car which can be damaged and run out of petrol, you can fix it at a garage where you can also trick it out with custom paint jobs etc.
- Each character has their own abilities. Noctis can fish, Prompto takes pictures throughout your game, Ignis does the cooking for some very good buffs and Gladiolus allows access to survival missions which help gain a lot of XP and items.
- You can now take cover to gan HP and MP back!
- Warp points allow instantly MP recovery
- First real-world open game play
- Only 1 load screen for the entire area but on Xbox One is is a big load time!
- Fast paced combat, not turn based.
- A sort of wait system where everything pauses so you can potion up and think of what to do next (only lasts for a limited time)
Pros of Final Fantasy XV
- The combat system is either a love it or hate it, returning players that are used to turn based might hate it but players that enjoy fact action may love it
- The characters themselves are very like-able especially when resting where you get to see the pictures taken by Prompto.
- So far through my play through, the story seems to be pretty good, and from what other Final Fantasy’s are like, only get better.
- Open world exploration is great and proves some very nice scenery which you can drive/run to.
Cons of Final Fantasy XV
- Sometimes the combat system can be buggy where you block and just get knocked down for 3+ seconds getting hit over and over.
- Magic seems to be very lackluster. You spend a lot of time gather magic power just to use it within 2 minutes in a combat.
- Being unable to save while in certain places certainly make sit very annoying if you die.
- The camera not only in combat but in general is terrible. It doesn’t follow your character sometimes and other times it will just fly past your character while in combat at super speed causing you to start attacking in the opposite direction
Overall, the game is definitely something new and definitely overall a great game to play. Most of the problems in the cons section are more than likely bugs which will be ironed out. If story and immersion is what you want, then this is the game for you. I would recommend that you watch the anime and the film if you want to get to know the characters a little better.
by Alberto Statti