The Division coming 8th of March
Now that it has been confirmed that the release of The Division is 8th of March then we can prepare ourselves. For some people such as myself (Alberto Statti) this means hoarding sweets, snacks and drinks, only to leave the room to go to the toilet. For others, it is the case of booking some time off work for a proper gaming session. And then there are those of us with children, who do all the chores the week before to ensure we can game for a few days without being nagged.
It is safe to say that, after a closed beta and an open beta, the hype is real. For some maybe too real. No doubt there will be some that are going out of their way to create life like replicas of stuff they have seen in game (hopefully not the pooping dog)
What makes The Division feel so real?
The Division is made up of a LOT of little things that in the end, create something awesome. Whether it be the pooping dog above, great cover mechanics, or the fact that you have a ton of skills to choose from, there is a good deal of things to choose from.
Those things don’t necessarily make a game great, its more in the little things that bring the big things together.
- Smoke moves in the direction of the wind.
- Fog can make the game change drastically when you cant see more than 3 metres ahead.
- Nearly everything can be shot through leaving actual bullet holes that let light shine through. Concrete will chip, sign posts will dent and brick walls will lose some nice chunks.
- Sun light creates an atmosphere of realism that which not many games can claim.
- Shadows move in real time with the sun.
- Aiming down sight will cause you to close one eye.
- When it snows, it builds up the streets and cars around you.
- Jumping on a car will make it tilt like in real life.
- Weapons have visual overheat as seen by glowing orange on your weapon.
There are many more to list but you get the idea
What can you do to prepare?
There are a BUNCH of people online who are going to crazy efforts to make the game easier for themselves and those they share their tools/knowledge with. I have compiled a mini list of the best places to to prepare for the game and will also come in handy while playing.
I have mentioned this one before, but the Skill Calculator is amazing and covers a good chunk of the gameplay and can be a goof to be pro-active with your talent choices.
An extensive list of Game Mechanics that will most certainly come in handy while playing 1v1 or even 2v1. It could be the difference between a win and death.
Python_FR has compiled a very good list of Base of Operations upgrade order which will prioritise levelling and if you plan on levelling as fast as possible its worth checking out – Source
Speaking of extensive, this guy seems to have cracked the formula for DPS and (sorry for the click bait title) It will suprise you.
Finally, NVidia are doing a giveaway of amazing proportions which requires you to find hidden codes and submit them with your details to enter the price draw. Lucky for you and me, Reddit to the rescue again as multiple users compile lists of the the codes for you to enter and so far, some cracks the new code within hours of it being live. – Source
By Alberto Statti