The Best Speaker Brand For You
by Alberto Statti
Last Updated: 24th October 2016
Purchasing speakers for your computer isn’t just a simple “click and pay” anymore not only because there are now a huge variation of brands but there are also a huge variation of models within those brands. Thorough research needs to be done because if you are like me, you will want to be using these speakers for as long as possible (my current speakers have lasted 10 years and are so old I cant find a picture of them on Google).
First things first, lets create a list of all the noteworthy brands currently out there:
- Altec Lansing
There are many many more brands out there but these are the best of the bunch when considering 99% of the population with speakers will have one of the brand above.
What determines a good brand?
Hearing about certain brands is good for them but not many people talk about why they are good or the best. This question can be simplified into four main reasons:
- The brand has great products
- The brands products perform better than their counterparts
- The brand has a great pricing scheme in place
- The brand has great warranty just in case you are the unlucky 0.01%
So which to choose?
All of the above brands have products that fall within those four reasons, but what determines the best brand is the one that offers the most cost effective product in your price range if all else is equal.
I can’t pick one brand and say its the best overall because not only could you live in a different part of the world which would skew the pricing, but the warranty each brand offers can be vastly different in each area of the world.
Here is how to decide which brand to choose:
- Determine your price bracket and the max amount you are willing to spend.
- Look at each manufacturers warranty for where you live.
- Go to your favourite computer accessories website and sort all speakers by your price bracket and brands with the best warranty.
- Determine which of the speakers listed fit what you need (2.1, 5.1, Bluetooth, wireless etc)
- Once you have narrowed your list down to 2 or 3 speaker systems, check the reviews for each one.
- Now that you know which speakers you want, double check other websites in case it is cheaper elsewhere.
That’s it. Set up your system when it arrives and enjoy your new speakers. Revel in the fact that you made the most informed decision you could and it anything goes wrong, you chose the best brand with the best warranty.
Personally, Logitech have always been my brand of choice not only for the warranty but I just like their speaker systems more. Especially the ones with the small dial for the volume/bass etc.
Next up I will be writing about which are the best speakers to mount on your wall, these will be especially great if you have double or triple monitors so you can mount them above the monitors.